Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Oahu Days 1-2

Karl and I just got back from an amazing adventure in Hawaii!  We went to Oahu for 4 days and the Big Island for 4 days and the experience was unforgettable.  I'm going to have to split up my pictures into multiple posts or else it will be information overload.  I brought the 5d, my point-and-shoot and my droid and Karl had his droid and iphone so the pics will be a mixture of all cameras.

On Oahu we wanted to do some of the more touristy stuff without the touristy feel so we stayed up at turtle bay on the north shore instead of in downtown Waikiki.  We loved the North Shore!  It was much more "authentic" Hawaiian (in my opinion) and I loved the little towns we drove through to get there, especially Haleiwa.  

Day 1 on Oahu was travel/rent a car/drive to resort/crash from jet lag day so I have no pictures.  Well...I have one of us when we landed at the airport after 12 hours of traveling:

We've arrived!
Day 2 we begin the adventures:

I woke up early and took some pictures from our balcony with the 5d of our incredible view.

 photo IMG_0429a_zps332d0cc8.jpg

 photo IMG_0430a_zps96ce593e.jpg

 photo IMG_0431a_zps0c4d8396.jpg

Us in the car on the first day!

We ate at this awesome cafe in Haleiwa on our way down to Pearl Harbor.

I ordered a papaya and banana pancakes made with fresh picked bananas.
I think Karl ordered something boring. Haha.

Arriving at Pearl Harbor

I think these are warheads?

Me with a plane at the Pacific Aviation Museum hangar.

An awesome display of a crashed plane

Maybe these are the warheads?

Hawaiian fire truck with my very cute and very white firefighter.

Karl insisted that I take this picture.

At the Arizona Memorial

After we got back to Turtle Bay, we went out to eat at this fabulous restaurant right on the beach.
We watched the sun set and the wind was blowing and it felt so good - it was the perfect temperature for me.
Karl only said it was the perfect temperature when we were on the rainy side of the big island a few days later.
This was one of my favorite dinners with Karl on the island!
Lastly, I took some photos of the sunset this night...it's stunningly beautiful!


 photo IMG_0434a_zps4d578c2c.jpg

 photo IMG_0432a_zps746b3640.jpg

No comments: