Sunday, July 29, 2012

I give you...Harry Potter World!

Notes to anyone who is thinking of going to Universal Islands of Adventure and experiencing the fabulous Harry Potter world attractions...think again! Enjoy my pictures, free of cost! Save yourself from waiting in line...for EVERYTHING! Getting into a shop! Buying things in the shop! Buying candy at Honeydukes! Eating at the 3 broomsticks! And heaven forbid....going on an actual ride!

I jest but not really. Harry Potter world was a wonderful magical experience but one I care to not ever repeat unless 3/4 of the people leave. Perhaps in a few years. Plus, for all of the experience, here is a breakdown of the cost of harry potter world:
  • $200 to get in to Universal Islands of Adventure
  • $80 roundtrip fare for taxi to and from Disneyworld resort
  • $50 food at 3 Broomsticks, including butterbeer
  • $50 candy at honeydukes because most of the candy was like $10 a piece
  • $35 for a wand at Ollivander's
  • $10 for a slytherin keychain for Karl+
  • TOTAL: $425
I will now give you my entire Harry Potter world experience so that you can enjoy the magic first hand.  I wish I had taken more pictures, but it was raining and I was sick of waiting in lines.

The castle was incredible!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Hog's head pub
Photobucket

Photobucket
Butterbeer!  Sort of like cream soda.  But very sweet and creamy.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Monster book of monsters!
Photobucket
The spoils from honeydukes: peppermint toads, chocolate frogs, chocolate cauldron, pumpkin juice.  Also my wand is featured.
Photobucket
I bought the elder wand because it was the coolest one.  This picture is blah but you get the point:
Photobucket

For anyone who wants to see even MORE pictures, here are the ones from my point and shoot camera which includes stuff from inside the castle and while it was raining and I didn't want to get my 5d out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohmigoodygoodnessgracioussakesalive! I am beyond excited for you that you got to go to Harry Potter World, I am so jealous! Bummer it is expensive and crowded, but still, I mean, we're talking Harry Potter here! Sigh, I will just have to marvel at your (gorgeous) pictures! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ohmigoodygoodnessgracioussakesalive! I am beyond excited for you that you got to go to Harry Potter World, I am so jealous! Bummer it is expensive and crowded, but still, I mean, we're talking Harry Potter here! Sigh, I will just have to marvel at your (gorgeous) pictures! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ohmygoodygoodnessgracioussakesalive! I am so happy for your that Karl surprised you with a Florida vacation and sooo jealous you went to Harry Potter World! Bummer about the cost and the lines, but still, I mean, we're talking Harry Potter here! Sigh, I will just have to ogle over your (gorgeous) pictures! ;)