Thursday, May 2, 2013

Heber Valley Railroad

My son LOVES trains. When he first started talking about them he called them "fuh fuhs" (like choo choo - said in a high-pitch voice)...which has evolved into "choo choo crane." Parenting Mistake: We told him that we were going to go visit Thomas the train the next day as we were putting him to bed.  Unfortunately he got so excited to go see the train that he was unable to fall asleep...for the next few hours. It was really cute for a few minutes. :)

I was excited to take Dean to see the train and also to bring my camera and take some landscape pictures out of the window of the train as we circled the reservoir up the Provo canyon.  It was about an hour drive for us to get to the train (which left at 3pm) and by the time we got there Dean was asleep.  So I spent my few extra minutes taking some shots of the outside of the train, tracks and station.  I did some more experimental editing with these shots and especially love the vintage feel of the black and white shots - a train seem like the perfect subject for that type of edit.  I love having enough light to where I can close up my aperture, set the shutter to what I want, ISO 100 and just shoot with no thought of compromising on quality or depth of field or whatever.  It's a great feeling!


 photo IMG_9083_zps7e0803d3.jpg

 photo IMG_9069_zps51d6e31e.jpg

 photo IMG_9081_zps35cc04a1.jpg

 photo IMG_9073_zps78f0f6a7.jpg

 photo IMG_9064_zpse00c0b90.jpg

 photo IMG_9068a_zpsa86db72b.jpg

No comments: