Thursday, October 8, 2009

Haunted Sugar Beet Factory

So, as most of you know, 1) I am currently student teaching at Provo High School (tomorrow is my last day, I start at Oak Canyon Jr. High on Monday) and 2) I just moved to Spanish Fork.

In my photography class this past week, I assigned a project that was basically a photo collage. We studied the artist David Hockney and then went out and tried to copy his style of work. One student raised their hand and said, "Well are you doing the assignment too?" and I accidentally said, "Of COURSE I am!!" Oops. So last weekend I set out to do my assignment.

The view from our second bedroom window looks out across an old abandoned sugar beet factory. I have been longing to photograph it, but with student teaching taking up all of my time, hobbies have been on the back burner. I was able to kill two birds with one stone and photograph my beloved sugar beet factory for the assignment that I accidentally said I would do. The collage turned out better than I expected!

Also, I am doing some great engagement photos this weekend so stay tuned for some awesome pictures!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Emily Hartvigsen said...

So cool! I want to make a collage now. :)

Karl said...

This is so incredible, how long did it take you to make that? It must have been when I was in Florida. We need to get a picture of the uncanny, morbidly huge bats that fly around the spire at night.